PDA

View Full Version : Is my pool green because my cleaner failed?

AngryOwner
02-12-2014, 10:49 PM
Hey there, I'm probably going to be one of those "One post wonders," but I desperately need some help!

My pool is green. Mainly because I have one of those "manual" pool cleaners, and by "manual" I mean that I should probably go ahead and change my name.

I just don't have the time. I leave my house before the sun comes up and get home after the sun goes down. I am unable to vacuum the pool as often as it demands. Not to mention the 3 50' tall liquid amber trees, 20 feet away, that poured leaves into the pool all autumn long. It was a battle that I knew I was losing. Finally I said, "Mother Nature! I quit!"

So here I am now with a green pool (by my own accord), and an angry wife.

My question: Is there a way to convert the skimmer to a suction side cleaner and still have a usable skimmer? I.e. Something that will split the skimmer in two, probably shrinking the size of the weir gate, but rendering it unnecessary to remover the pool cleaner in order to skim the pool.

Any help, product knowledge or manufacturer input would be greatly appreciated.

henry
03-02-2014, 06:40 PM
Hi you can buy a pool cleaner but they can be expensive I have a Hatwood one which cost around $400 but works great ,if you have enough suction you can put a 2way valve in you skimmer return and just connect the hose from the cleaner to it so it will clean the bottom of pool as well as skim, hope this helps.

CarlD
03-05-2014, 09:53 AM
Your pool isn't green because you aren't vacuuming it (though that makes it worse). It's green because your water isn't properly chlorinated and maintained and you've let algae grow. Even a $1500 Blue Diamond Wireless Remote robotic vacuum cleaner can't clean out living algae. You have to kill it first.