PDA

View Full Version : Comments on Forum Rules

steelersguy
05-04-2012, 05:22 PM
Can I please get clearance to see the other threads? i am not here to spam, I am here to get advice on a robotic pool cleaner. I am either going with the Blue Diamond BLD03RC or the Smart Pool Nitro NC71RC...

Thanks,
Chad

jzurich
05-04-2012, 05:23 PM
This is not very user friendly. I was asked to join to answer questions about Zodiac equipment. I hope i am typing in the right spot

waterbear
05-09-2012, 12:43 PM
And it's also the reason I don't have more time to spend here helping to answer questions!:(

Bullngator
05-09-2012, 08:13 PM
Apologies if my feedback appeared negative.. I can sympathize with the reasons you have locked things down based on my experiencing owning and running several large message forum centered sites which also used VB and had a collective user base above 100k members.

On that note, if it makes sense, please shoot me an email as I would certainly like to share some of my lessons learned. If not, hopefully I can at least be granted access to some of the core features of VB so I may take better advantage of learning from members on the site!

ChrisA
06-01-2012, 09:38 AM
I want to reply to a thread about Johnny Weissmuller pools. I bought mine in April 1993, on advice that the interlocking extruded aluminum wall panels would be best suited to being partially buried underground. Due to my sloped backyard, there was no other choice than to have the pool installed partially underground, up to two feet on one side. We have had no issues to date. This year, after 19 years, I am replacing the liner and filter. Liner leaks, Hayward filter still works but I decided to replace both at the same time. I will post again to update the condition of the pool walls during liner replacement. By the way, at time of purchase Johnny Weissmuller was the more expensive of the two, since Esther Williams came in 48" high walls & Johnny W, 52"H. The line was more expensive than any of the sheet steel walled pools, too.

Watermom
06-01-2012, 10:02 AM
This section of the forum is for questions about using the forum itself, so not the right place to do this.

Do you know the name of the thread and the user name of the person who started the thread you were trying to reply to? I did a quick scan but couldn't find it. If you can give me this information, I can move your post to that thread and delete it from here.

Thanks.

Bird2e411
06-15-2012, 05:55 PM
Just became a member and I have encountered a problem with this "getting started" part. I have been able to read the first page of posts just fine, but then when I go to page 2 where it seems all of the posts' titles are prefaced with "moved," I am advised that I do not have permission. Is there a secret handshake or code to join the moved sect?
When I tried to post the above I was told I didn't have permission and I needed to log in! I was logged in. So I logged out and back in.......here goes.......

prosper
04-12-2013, 10:11 PM
The algorithm to gain access to the other forum sections is underway.

prosper
04-12-2013, 10:14 PM
Heya,

Our last pool had an SR Smith 8' Frontier III with metal Cantilever Jump Stand.
With the salt water, the stand was a battle to keep the rust at bay.

So, the pool at our new house....we are getting the same setup, but with the Salt Stand.
I presume this is a composite covered stand of sorts.

The springy nature of the original pool diving board is desired for the new one.

Wondering if anyone can verify the newer SR Smith Salt Stand is as good as the metal one in regards to performance?

Thanks!

o2cool
06-03-2013, 11:10 AM
I agree and respect all Forum Rules

USMC-DAV
06-11-2013, 10:47 AM
Hey Pool Doc,

I just joined but can't view posts or search.

Please grant me access! You can contact me at (removed - moderator) for any verifications you might need.

Thanks,

Kelly

Watermom
06-11-2013, 12:30 PM
Kelly,
Until your registration is complete, you can see the forum if you log out first. Welcome to the Pool Forum!

PoolDoc
06-14-2013, 06:16 PM
. . . but, you may not be able to see the Getting Started section any more -- I can't remember how those permissions are set.

gfd_2
06-15-2013, 02:10 PM
Not to hijack a thread but I can't access the forums. Is there something else I need to do? Thanks in advance.

Watermom
06-15-2013, 04:46 PM
Until your registration is completed, you can access the rest of the forum if you log out first. Once your membership is upgraded, that will not longer be necessary.

gfd_2
06-19-2013, 09:52 PM
There appears to be no way to IM or message someone due to restrictions. I've completed a registration form, received an email with a number of links to click on which I've done and completed a Google form. All for naught. No offense, but if there's more that has to be done to register I give up. Please delete the Google form and advise if there is anything I need to do in order to delete or deactivate my account. I understand that 'bots are a PITA, but this registration process is draining.

Watermom
06-28-2013, 08:26 PM
Until Ben gets your membership upgraded, you can see the rest of the forum if you log out first.

860go
06-29-2013, 05:49 PM
I am confused. Doesn't the forum get clogged with redundant questions over and over about the same topics?never seen a forum without a search haha usually all you see is people telling users to use the search feature.

prosper
07-03-2013, 09:41 AM
I've been waiting like a year to be verified. Was an active member before the forum crash. Do I need to send a hair sample?

PoolDoc
07-03-2013, 10:05 AM
@ prosper: What forum crash?

You're membership is upgraded however.

oldswimmer
07-14-2013, 02:32 PM
I also can not use "search." When I try to insure "my profile" is complete , I get this same message:

"oldswimmer, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons ... 1. and 2."

So what additional info do I need to provide so I use "search" and/or verify "my profile" as well as other Pool Forum features ... especially getting an answer to the "lime softening" questions I posted a week ago??

pkm1959
07-17-2013, 09:45 AM
How long before a new question is posted and answered? I'm a new user...

mmomega
07-18-2013, 01:35 PM
New User, Hey All!, just checking out the forums, we are in the process of getting the pool installed.... well finished installed. The pool is complete but the decking around and the landscaping is yet to be done but hopefully done by next week. Pretty much everything I own there is a forum dedicated to it with some very helpful community so I didn't think a pool would be any different.

merlin
07-31-2013, 06:27 AM
Same thing happens to me