PDA

View Full Version : Pump or Electrical Problem

zedson
08-20-2013, 02:42 PM
Hello - I am having trouble with my pool filter pump. Simply put, it won't turn on.

It was working just fine until a couple of days ago. Here is what I know:

- The pump spins.
- The pump makes zero noise when I push the button to turn it on.
- When I push the on button I hear a loud click from the relay module, but I don't sense any voltage on the wires leaving the module. When I test voltage on other wires that are on I am getting voltage.
- I have a Jandy Aqualink. PCB#: E0260500B; ASSY#: E0260600; Relay Module: PCB#: 3652D

I assume that something needs to be replaced, but don't really know how to determine what it is. My best guess right now is there is something wrong with the relay module. Is there anyway to confirm this?

Also, if the pump or capacitor has failed, I should still be able to detect power from the relay wires, right?

Thank you.
Zak

PoolDoc
08-21-2013, 03:35 PM
membership updated; post moved into correct section.

POLICY STATEMENT: I don't generally do electrical troubleshooting help, and I don't generally allow it, either. The reason is very simple: electricity and water mix fatally. And, when people ask questions -- like this one "if the pump or capacitor has failed, I should still be able to detect power from the relay wires, right?", I'm forced to question whether you know enough about wiring to act safely, if I *do* answer.

I intend the PoolForum to teach people about correct pool chemistry, and to a lesser degree, basic pool maintenance. But I do NOT intend the PoolForum to train people in trouble-shooting 120 or 240V wiring. You should find another source for that information.

So, in cases like yours, there's only one reasonable answer:

=> You should call someone local to you, who's qualified to work safely on pool wiring, and knowledgeable about the Jandy Aqualink.

Sorry. Thread closed.

PoolDoc
08-21-2013, 03:45 PM
One further comment: I am looking for some sites or sources for basic electrical troubleshooting info. I just don't think that's the PoolForum's 'mission'.