PDA

View Full Version : Filter leaking

poolhelp101
08-16-2013, 11:57 PM
I have an in ground pool with a Hayward s-200 two piece sand filter that was installed in the 1990's when I had the pool put in. It is now leaking around the screws where the filter head tank screws to the bottom portion of the tank. Can anyone tell me what the problem is or how to fix it. I know it's old...is it worth fixing?

nefretrameses
08-17-2013, 05:22 PM
It looks like there's a o-ring between the two sections. The place I often use for parts (www.inyopools.com) has it for about $12.00. I found an exploded view on their site. (They are based in our area and have good service - I'm not affiliated in any way). You may be able to find it, or get it locally as well. It might be worth taking apart and seeing if anything else needs attention and get everything at once. Do you have the manual? You can find them by searching generally. I think inyopools may have it for download as well. (Free)

Looks like it's built tough though. I can't say if a newer model would be more effective.

Charlie_R
08-18-2013, 08:12 AM
If you get a chance, check the o-ring grooves in both top and bottom pieces of your filter. Even something as small as a hair can disturb the seal enough for a leak to show up.