PDA

View Full Version : AG Liner Replacement: How Do You Get In/Out Of Pool?

Soloswimmer
08-14-2013, 01:28 AM
Hello!

I am about to replace the liner in my 27' round above-ground.

One thing that I haven't been able to find anywhere: How does one get in and out of the pool, what with the ladder being removed and the pool being half apart???

BigDave
08-15-2013, 05:48 PM
Are you athletic? I watched the guys that installed my AG pool hop over the wall over and over. I couldn't do that. FWIW.

Soloswimmer
08-16-2013, 12:00 AM
Are you athletic? I watched the guys that installed my AG pool hop over the wall over and over. I couldn't do that. FWIW.

Not THAT athletic! :D (Well...if the pool had water in it; and the top rails were bolted on.....then it wouldn't be a problemo...)

The only thing I can think of, is to back my tractor up to the pool; make a rope ladder; Fold the roll-bar down, and hang the rope ladder from said roll-bar. How do people without a tractor do it? (Seriously- that's about all I can come up with!)

Hopping over the unsupported pool wall? Yeah....I could just see it: One destroyed pool...and me, singing soprano from now on...)

PoolDoc
08-16-2013, 12:58 PM
Lowes and other places have a 4 segment folding ladder / platform device (I have one) that can adjusted to be a 6' step ladder, with no brace. So, it would easily clear a 5' wall. Or, mine would. Check, before you buy.