PDA

View Full Version : Pool Light Problem

ts8181
08-10-2013, 07:21 PM
Hi everyone, hope your having a great summer. I have a pool with two lights in it and they both don't work. They worked a couple of months ago but BOTH went out at the same time. Went to turn them on and nothing. Where do I start to find the problem? Thanks in advance for all replies!

nefretrameses
08-11-2013, 08:03 AM
Sounds like a power supply problem - a breaker, switch or transformer may have gone bad. There should be some junction boxes where you could start. I'm certain a caution aboutthe dangers of working with live power is not necessary for "one in the biz". Good luck.

Marin
08-12-2013, 02:35 PM
Sounds like a simple solution problem (switch, breaker, etc.). I'd suggest some things to try if you're comfortable working with electricity. But, most people comfortable with that probably wouldn't have posted the question.

Were you turning them on manually, or are they on a timer? Have you checked that all the switched are 'ON'? Is a breaker tripped?

If all the above checks out, you start checking for power with a meter from the breaker back towards the lamp. This is not something you do while learning about electricity. Definitely time to call in a favor or hire an electrician.

BigDave
08-16-2013, 08:25 PM
Double Marin's warning. If you're not already comfortable with troubleshooting electrical issues - Don't.
Hire a pool - experienced, Licensed Electrician. The price for getting electrical "almost right" can be dire (death). Don't mess around.