PDA

View Full Version : pool vacuum/filter pumps

viena
08-03-2013, 05:06 PM
Hi from the uk, new to forum, I only have a 12ft bestway frame pool 3ft deep and have 2 questions

1. I need something to vacuum up my pool 1st I brought a Pool, Spa and Hot Tub Vacuum its good at sucking big things but if there is a lot of dirt at the bottom of the pool it takes forever and as it is operated by pulling the handle up and down it gets quite tiring after a while. I did look at the ones with the hoses that works with your pump but I don't think my pump is strong enough its only a 530gal Filter Pump which came with the pool, which takes me to my next question. Also looking at the handheld battery vacuum, which one would you recommend.

2. I would like to get a stronger pump but on the bestway page it say I can only use a 530gal or 800gal Filter Pump for my size pool, but I was looking at 1,500gal Flowclear Filter Pump would I beable to use a much stronger pump...

Thank you

PoolDoc
08-03-2013, 09:09 PM
Unfortunately, you're asking questions we can't easily answer. I'm learning the hard way that Intex pool parts (which we are fairly familiar with) are not interchangeable with "Summer Escapes" pool parts. I'm pretty sure the same is true of the "Best Way" pools, which are not yet very common in the US.

In general, we can only help users in the US or Canada with questions about specific equipment or chemicals. Outside N. America, we can only answer questions about general principles of pool chemistry or operations.

Sorry!