PDA

View Full Version : CC test question

GolfTop
06-01-2006, 09:01 PM
When testing for CC, is any change in color supposed to happen immediately? In my tests, after the five drops, the tube stays clear 99 percent of the time, but if I don't empty it right away, maybe 10 seconds or more later it'll get a slight pink cast to it. One drop always clears it, so far.

aylad
06-01-2006, 09:22 PM
usually if you have cc, it will show right away. If it shows later, and one drop clears it, then even if you do have cc, it's only .5, which is not a big deal.

Janet

GolfTop
06-02-2006, 09:39 AM
Thank you Janet.

huskerfan
06-06-2006, 03:43 AM
Quick question-- having a brain blurp and can't remember right at the moment. If you use 10ml of water you multiply the drops used times .5. To get a more accurate reading (under .5 CC) you fill to the 25ml line- run the test the same way, but can't remember what number you multiply the drops used times----- is it .25?? My brain, or what's left of it is telling me it probably should be .125, but can't remember exactly at the moment. Last year my CC run at .4 all summer - which Ben said was acceptable. No hurry- just need my brain refreshed momentarily :). Thanks!

CarlD
06-06-2006, 06:18 AM
If you use 25ml, each drop indicates .2 ppm (5 drops = 1ppm).

huskerfan
06-06-2006, 11:36 AM
Thanks Carl- I thought it was possibly you who posted last year how to test CC below .5 by filling to 25ml, so was hoping you'd reply. I laid in bed last night thinking about this, sleep is over-rated anyway, lol, and concluded too that it must be .2 per drop since I tested at .4 all last summer. Thanks for confirming this for me. My pool's running .4 again this year. All of my chemical levels are consistent from last year, and the amounts of bleach I use and muratic acid are also consistent. Thankfully most of you don't have to deal with iron like us in NE, but it's under control, and like your signature says: it truly only does take a couple minutes a day to keep crystal clear water! Thanks again for all you moderators do, and the countless hours you put in for all of us!