PDA

View Full Version : Help with 1st PS234 Test Results

csevel
06-01-2006, 05:37 PM
18' Above Ground, 8000 gallons or so. I'm assuming I need stabilizer. I put 2 stabilized pucks in a floater three days ago since I didn't have my pump up and goin yet...They must not be doing anything. . I have 4# available to add. How much should be added and how? (In a sock in the skimmer?) Pump on high or low? Alkalinity still too high?? What comes first..lowering alkalinity or adding stabilizer? Lotsa questions...need answers...I know I'm in the right place.;)

FC - 10
CC - 0
TC - 10
PH - 7.2
Alk - 170
Cal - 10
Cya - 0
Temp - 67

Watermom
06-01-2006, 06:29 PM
Your alk is ok at 170. Don't want it higher than 180, but for now, you're fine. Watch the ph however. You don't want it lower than 7.0. If you are going to use pucks, they are pretty acidic and will usually cause your ph level to drop. For the cya, the label will tell you how much to add per 10,000 gallons to get to a certain cya level. Aim for an initial level of 25-30. I always just add mine to the skimmer while the pump is running and then let it dissolve in the filter. (The label may tell you to broadcast it across the pool, but don't.) Some people do the sock in the skimmer thing. Your choice. Either way, don't retest for it or add more for a week to give it time to dissolve.

csevel
06-01-2006, 07:03 PM
Thank you so much for your reply. I don't plan on using pucks..just bbb..but the neighbor gave me a couple to use while I was awaiting the installation of our pump. The water looks crystal clear now but I'm not sure what will happen after all of the rain we had yesterday. Had so much rain that the pool was overflowing. How is my chlorine? Haven't used the bleach calculator..not sure how to use it yet but have it downloaded to my desktop. What ppm should the chlorine read? Should I add more bleach 2nite or wait til tomorrow??:confused: