PDA

View Full Version : Pool Rover Plus stops often

DMand
06-01-2006, 01:54 PM
My pool is inground,vinyl, 20X40. I just got the Pool Rover Plus. It came with 2 filter bags. 1 bag was in the unit, so that is the one I used.
Problem is every 5-10 minutes, Rover stops moving. There is a layer of dirt and small leaves in the filter bag but not very much - not even 1/4 full. I wash out the bag, replace it, and the same thing happens every time. I did this 5 more times then it got dark and I gave up.
Should I be using the other bag instead? My pool has small piles of fine dirt and some leaves.

How full should the bag be when the unit stops moving?

Don't know what I am doing wrong. But at this point, it is actually easier to pull out the manual suction vac and hose then to keep pulling the Rover out of the water and cleaning the bag so often.

Any ideas?

tphaggerty
06-01-2006, 02:58 PM
What is your timer set to (on the silver box)? On the Rover plus, this timer can be set to something like 2 minutes or so (it controls the direction of the Rover). Does your Rover+ ever reverse directions?

Are you using the fine mesh bag? If so, are you putting it back on with the soft side in?

DMand
06-01-2006, 03:04 PM
I set it to 20 sec as in the manual.
The Rover does reverse direction OK.
I am using the bag that came in the Rover. There was a second bag in the box.
Yes, always careful put bag back on soft side in as in manual.

SLS
06-01-2006, 07:10 PM
My Pool Rover Plus came with 3 bags. One blue for real fine filtering which I never use. One is white mesh which if I have a bad storm I will throw in to pick up the leaves first.....but I really have to have alot of leaves. The one I use the most is white with a velvet or cotton like interior.

Is most of it leaves or dirt? If it is leaves I would run your mesh one first then follow it up later with the other one. Are you doing spring clean up? I say that because I have never come close to having the filter bag 1/4 full with dirt even after running it after a storm.

I also set my timer so it can run from one end to the other end (long side) without stopping.