PDA

View Full Version : Would like to switch to bleach...how?

JMCFAN
03-30-2006, 10:44 AM
I have a 22x42 AG with a 6 1/2 foot deep end. I have been using the 3" tablets for 2 years now.. last year before closing I was told my CYA was high. I pumped off a good foot....refiled and balanced the pool but it was still high. Was told we could address this spring...that I would probably have to pump off more water etc.

Well I am getting ready to open her up.. what is the best way to procede? I have a inline feeder for the tablets but can remove it or just leave it empty.

Also...I am on well water so every time I refill I need to add "Metal B Gone" or I turn my pool color...

mwsmith2
03-30-2006, 12:17 PM
It's pretty easy to switch. Just stop using the inline feeder, and make sure it's empty. It's not necessary to remove it. Use my bleach calc to figure out how much bleach to add to keep you at around 3 ppm and you're good to go.

Michael

aylad
03-30-2006, 08:47 PM
I agree with Michael, just leave the feeder empty (I open mine wide open to make sure it gets rinsed well). However, you need to have the CYA tested again to see how high yours is before you decide on your minimum chlorine level. Then use his bleach calculator to figure how much bleach you need to keep it there. ;)

Janet