PDA

View Full Version : Intermatic PX100 Lighting Transformer

ArmyChief
07-09-2013, 04:48 PM
Well the pool light went out a few nights ago and I troubleshoot it today. Seems the secondary on my Intermatic PX100 is open.

I've did a google search on this item and it appears to be about $70-90 US. Can I source a transformer somewhere to just replace it, instead of unbolting the box assembly?

Also, anyone have a wiring diagram...was wondering why the primary has three taps?...is that an unused center tap?

Thanks,

nefretrameses
08-17-2013, 06:12 PM
I tried to find more info about this unit but it didn't tell me what I needed to know to give you a direct answer. It seems that the unit accepts only 120 volts and outputs either 12 volts or 13 volts. Are you sure it's the primary? Could be the secondary with 3 taps for 12/13 volts. There is supposed to be a wiring diagram inside the cover. Three taps on a primary are usually for 120/240 volt input or some other combination of source voltage

I'd expect this thing to be "potted" inside the box to make it waterproof. There is also some protection built into the unit, but it wasn't clear what that involved. You may be able to get support from Intermatic.