PDA

View Full Version : Can't get bottom flat, can pool bottom be slightly concave/bowl shaped?

SkierDude
06-29-2013, 08:25 PM
Hi. Instead of making a mulch bed for my 16' round Intex pool, I'm using the deck platform I made last year. The studs are warped a bit, and while I can get them somewhat straight with shims, I fear they'll be a little bowl-shaped once everything settles. I'm finding that if I put a longer shim under a stud, it lifts up the other side and pulls it out of level.

What implications will a concave shape have on the pool? I don't know how to attach a picture, so imagine a16' across octagon-shaped deck with the studs 12" on center, supported by shims to level it and keep them from bowing under the weight, and 2-layers of 1/2" plywood. --Thanks

Watermom
06-29-2013, 09:19 PM
You can use flicker, picassa, or the like to post a pic (faster) or email it to poolforum.com and reference the url of this thread.

SkierDude
06-29-2013, 09:49 PM
You'll need to walk me through it a little more than that. Don't have flicker or use picassa. Just iphoto.

BigDave
06-29-2013, 11:16 PM
Is it a metal frame pool or an Easy-Set?
How much deflection?
I dished out my 15' Intex donut without trouble.

SkierDude
06-30-2013, 07:51 AM
Sorry, it's a 16' Intex, Ultra I blieve... a frame pool with vinyl sides.

BigDave
06-30-2013, 11:13 AM
I think metal frame pools may be more at risk as the bottom could pull the frame out of plumb. I would guess that an inch or two of deflection would be OK.