PDA

View Full Version : conversion progress report

skystone
05-31-2006, 07:13 PM
I have kept the Cl at 15 ppm, since Monday. Today the level of Cl went down to 0, my husband added more bleach this morning and it's back up to 5 so I am adding more bleach now. So far, thanks to everyone, I can see the ladder and the skimmer pole on the bottom that one of the kids dropped in and lost. Hurrah! Progress.
Thanks to everyone on the board for the help that is available.

aylad
06-01-2006, 12:30 AM
Hang in there, you'll be glad you did!

Janet

CAPTCHEMCL
06-01-2006, 07:23 AM
WE just finished our conversion this past weekend and like most newbie's we were anxious and worrysome about how it would go. Ours went very quickly. Doing it on a 3 day weekend enabled me to monitor the Cl levels every 1-2 hours and we kept the filters running 24/7. I kept it at 15ppm as often as I could (often up to 6 or 8 times per day, testing every couple of hours and adding whatever dose it took to keep it at 15 and not let it fall much lower) and that really sped up the process. We started on Friday night, Saturday the water was a muddy orange brown (and I was heartsick!) but by Monday night we were in the pool!!! I have seen postings where people check their levels 3 times per day but I think that keeping on top of it more often was the key for us to getting it done in 3 days. AND I might add that now our water is the best it has ever been and we are SOOOOO pleased with the results. Hang in there and stay on top of your Cl level, it will all be worth it!