PDA

View Full Version : Need new pump. Buy seals too? Quick response needed!

JimK
06-19-2013, 08:20 PM
My 10 year old Hayward Superpump is sounding like its on its last leg so I plan on replacing it ASAP before it dies. Last year I replaced the seals in the pump (Go Kit 3).

I've noticed that when ordering a new pump they recommend replacing the seals at the same time. Since I just replaced the seals last year, do I still need to get new seals for the new pump? Or can I reuse the seals I have? I'm thinking of going ahead and getting new seals anyway so everything is new, and perhaps avoiding potential warranty issues.

So, buy new seals or not?

I'd like to order tonight if possible.

Thanks!

JimK
06-20-2013, 06:36 PM
Pump motor is giving off a burning smell so I turned it off.

To be on the safe side, I went ahead and ordered new seals with the motor. Hopefully the motor and seals will arrive before my pool turns into a swamp! :eek:

JimK
06-20-2013, 08:08 PM
I just noticed that the diagram of my pump and motor shows a slinger seal on the motor shaft.

I just ordered a new motor. Does anyone know if the motor comes with the slinger seal or does it have to be ordered separately? I called the place I ordered it from, and although the guy said it does, I got the impression he wasn't sure what I was talking about.

It would really stink if I got the pump and it wasn't there. Then I'd have to wait for that part, and meanwhile my pool is sitting with no circulation/filtration.

For reference I ordered a Hayward SPX1607Z1M Super Pump motor.

Thanks.

(Hopefully I'll get a response to this thread soon)

FormerBromineUser
03-10-2017, 08:23 PM
I picked an ancient thread to say hi. Hi!

JimK
03-10-2017, 08:29 PM
My first response to my thread! And it only took a few years...lol.

But you didn't answer my question!

FormerBromineUser
03-10-2017, 08:32 PM
That's 'cause I know nothing!

JimK
03-10-2017, 08:33 PM
Lol!

FormerBromineUser
03-10-2017, 08:35 PM
Sorry, to those who may read this thread. We were just having fun!:innocent:

JimK
03-10-2017, 08:40 PM
Btw, I ordered a slinger seal when I ordered the pump to be on the safe side. As it turned out the motor did come with one, so the seller refunded the price of the slinger seal I ordered.

FormerBromineUser
03-10-2017, 09:33 PM
Glad it worked out!