PDA

View Full Version : Intex AGP pump upgrade advice needed....

sgtreadwell79
06-19-2013, 01:54 PM
I just bought a 14' X 48" intex metal frame pool which came with a 1,000/gph pump. I am wanting to upgrade the pump and add a SWCG as well. My questions are, should I go with the Intex 2,500/gph pump with cartridge filter or the Intex 12" Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump combo? Intex website doesn't give specs on what the 12" can handle. Also, when you use the adapter kits to upsize the inlet and outlet, do you have to make the hole in the liner bigger? Any advice on which direction to go would be appreciated.

sarahspins
06-19-2013, 02:54 PM
I have the 14"/1600gph sand filter running on my 15x42" pool (along with the SWG) and it works great. I can't really find much information about the 12" version either.. but it certainly won't hurt anything to go larger.

You do have to cut the holes in the liner a bit bigger to fit the bigger inlet and outlet but it's easy to do... there are no adapters required if you use the inlet and outlet included with the filter. You only need to use an adapter if you have a different set up, like a pool with a skimmer, and that would likely require another adapter that isn't included (to make the connection from the skimmer to the adapter in the box).

sgtreadwell79
06-19-2013, 03:56 PM
Thank you sarah! I actually found a 14" for only a little more than a 12" so I think I'll go with the 14". And thank you for helping me understand the inlet/outlet situation. Much appreciated!!