PDA

View Full Version : Cloudy water

Leistey
06-18-2013, 10:51 PM
I have taken water samples to two places for testing now. The first stated ph was high and no stabilizer so added stabilizer and muranic acid per pool place. This corrected that. He also have me a clarifier to hook to hose pipe to spray in pool, this did not help. The second water testing the tech stated I was reading no chlorine. Even though its had 100 lbs about four weeks ago and now chlorine tabs in skimmer and automatic chlorine basket. He stated the water could be cloudy cause no chlorine? So I added more tabs in pump basket and now have chlorine reading by still very cloudy water. I also have salt system but per pool guy it's not able to produce chlorine because salt is too high. The salt generator states it is within parameters so I am lost and confused and need HELP!! We have a pool party June 29 and need clear and clean by then.

PoolDoc
06-18-2013, 11:19 PM
6/29 pool party? Probably, but no guarantees. Results depend on your willingness to be consistent, your filter's condition, and how much pool store 'goop' you already have in the water.

Your info allowed me to get a possible Google Map location on your pool. If that location is yours, it shows an inground rectangle liner pool with a diving board, probably 20 x 40?

Is that right?

Based on the assumption that it is:

1. You have about 30,000 gallons, so
2. Buy a cheap OTO/phenol red test kit (yellow/red drops) and about 20 gallons of PLAIN household bleach.
3. Order a K2006 test kit (link in signature)
4. Test your pool's pH and chlorine.
5. Add 3 gallons of bleach EACH evening, IF the chlorine is below 3 ppm.
6. If your pH is below 7.0, make another Walmart run, and get 10 boxes of borax. If your pH is above 7.8, make a Lowes / Home Depot /etc run, and get 5 gallons of muriatic acid.
7. Report OTO kit results and we'll give you acid or borax doses.
8. Forget about the salt system for now.
9. Report your actual pool size and filter type and size.
10. If you have a pump timer, set it to run 24/7 (no off time)
11. Report your dealer's last CYA test results.
12. Report your K2006 results as soon as you get the kit.
13. Do NOT add any more clarifier, flocculent, filter aid, algaecide, etc.