PDA

View Full Version : Above ground pool construction problems

newbie2013
06-18-2013, 12:29 AM
Okay my people are tired of hearing me rant, so I have come to people who hopefully care and may provide a bit of insight. I will explain my entire long story.

"Professional" installation began on my above ground pool on June 1st, lost two days to weather. For whatever reason they weren't putting in full days of work and it took until June 7th until the plumbing and electrical was done, they took my extension cord with them so I couldn't start running pump until June 10th. In these three days they were to return it each day and didn't show, also over these three days there was a leak at every connection, the worst at the skimmer.

They finally showed on the 10th and replaced the gasket on the skimmer, said they addressed the other leaks (but didn't-I was at work). They left the hose running in the pool, which overflowed:( I spent the next morning lowering the water level, which was now very cloudy. That day the pool walls came out of the tracks on both sides where the buttresses are, when I called him frustrated he said the tracks don't serve much purpose after install-I find this hard to believe. He couldn't come to look at until the next evening, at this point I was pretty upset and said don't bother, he didn't. I have been struggling trying to get this pool clean but it just doesn't seem right. I had come on here, Googled until I was googly eyed,nothing seemed to work. Tonight I went out and took a look and noticed that the hose from my pump is going into the connection on the filter that says 'return' (lower one,in line with backwash outtake) the hose from the pool return is going into the connection on the filter that says 'pump' (higher one). Well that didn't seem to make sense and sure enough I pull out the instructions and the diagram says it should be the opposite. OMG, I was livid! I call-no answer, so I e-mail stating the issue and that I am not paying the remainder of what is owing unless he sends someone in the morning. So he is sending someone but here is what he said "The white flex is going to the return outlet as marked on the filter cause in the 24" variflow filter heads, the lower is the inlet and the upper is the outlet."

I have tried to find something to verify what he says but nothing. Am I crazy!!

PoolDoc
06-18-2013, 04:06 PM
membership updated.

Obviously, you've had problems -- I'm sorry. Unfortunately, there's little we can do to help -- can you go to the company that sold you the pool? They may not want to be represented by builders who are behaving in the manner you've described.

I'm not very clear what you were asking with the valve question; can you post pictures, using Picasa, Flickr, Webshots or a similar service?