PDA

View Full Version : Changing from steel to wooden walls?

Leehicks79
06-13-2013, 06:00 PM
Due to very limited options our yard offered for pool placement, we are brainstorming ways to hide the steel walls of the pool. I like the look of the wooden pools but liked the guarantee our steel came with! Is there a way to make it look like a wooden pool? We have also considered a fence around the entire pool, but I think that will almost look just as weird in what I consider the front yard. Tall plants have also been considered.

I have pics but don't know how to post....

Watermom
06-13-2013, 08:02 PM
You can email pics to poolforum@gmail.com and reference the url of this thread to make sure the pics get matched up with your post.

CarlD
06-13-2013, 10:25 PM
Have you thought about painting it? You can get a grain effect by dry-brushing with both a darker brown than basic color and with a touch of black now and then. If your public library has a book on theater technology many of them show such painting techniques, like "Scene Design and Stage Lighting" by Oren Parker and Harvey Smith, later by Parker and Craig Wolf. They have some VERY cool painting techniques that create the illusions.

Or you could paint it off-white and add 2x4's at 45 degrees to look like British Tutor wood and plaster.

Leehicks79
06-14-2013, 04:37 PM
I had thought of painting it! Looked it up online and wonder how well the paint would hold up on the resin supports and toprail though. My gut tells me landscaping is the way to go since we are still undecided about a small deck. I would hate to put up a fence, landscape inside and outside of it and then have to tear it all out for a deck. I just really can't envision the fence right there in the middle of the front yard (pics have been e-mailed)!