PDA

View Full Version : 1st time pool owner

becka'sworld
06-12-2013, 11:05 PM
I bought my 1st pool this year at Wal-Mart. A 12 ft x 32 in round above ground pool, with skimmer pump, not sure what that means; just figured a small pool would be easier to upkeep being it's my 1st pool. It holds approximately 1600 gallons of water. I bought a starter kit which had super swm shock, 3 in chlorine tablets and test strips. I have also bought ph minus, super clarifier, and stabilizer and conditioner. I put a clorine tablet a day and a 1/2 cup of shock it once to twice a week. I also put 2oz of clarifiet 12 hours after the shock it and 1/2 stailizer and conditioner once to twice a week. I test with a test kit tgat I bought from a pool place which told me I only needed to check the oh and chlorine, everyday. I clean the pool with a net 2 to 5 times a day" oretty much as much as possible and I vacume with a water tyoe vac everyday ti every other day. Its the type you hook up to your water hose. I also bought a pool cover when I bought the pool, its pkastic with little holes all over it, why the hiles, not sure, thats just how it came. Its called a summer Escapes 12 foot x 30 in meta frame pool with powerful skimming action filter system. It says skimmer plus action. It also asays intertek, I guess thats the name of the pump. I use the D type pool filter with built in cartridge, which I am only supposed to have to change every two weeks, bit I have to change every couple of days. The 1st week everything was fine. But the longer I have it, the more problems I have. The chlorine never ever is high enough the ph sometimes is correct but mostly high and algea, well I can never get rid of it! I've only had the pool 6 weeks and had to drain it today. So I'm startinf all over. Can someone please guide me through the correct anount of bleach etc to maintain and keep my pool cle. Its been cloudy and now green algea in the bottom of the pool which only goes right through the vac net and causes me to have to change the filter everday sometimes twice a day, due to the pump not being able to pump the water. Its not because I'm lazy at cleaning, adding chemicals, or civering and testing, I do all of it. I'm just very new to the whole pool thing and I'm probably doing it all wrong. I appreciate any and all help with this. Thank you for all your help :)

PoolDoc
06-13-2013, 10:09 AM
I'm out the door, so I can't respond at length, but the stickied posts in this section [ http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/forumdisplay.php?175 ] will help, especially this one:

Super Simple Pool Chemistry Recipe - http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php?17055