PDA

View Full Version : How to convert a diving pool to a shallow pool?

popoapple
06-03-2013, 03:56 AM
Just bought a house recently and it has a 9' diving pool. However, none of my family member can swim so we want to convert it to a shallower pool/play pool. Did anyone have this kind of experience? any ideas how much it would cost? or knows who I should go for this kind of project? Thank you very much!!!!

BigDave
06-03-2013, 08:51 AM
I can't imagine any way other than to have it torn down and build a new pool.
I do have another suggestion. How about swimming lessons? Swimming is fun, a good form of excercise and, in my opinion, a critical life / self preservation skill. I know several people who have learned to swim in thier adult lives, there's no too old to learn to swim.
Does the pool have a shallow end with a rope to mark where it gets deeper?

PoolDoc
06-04-2013, 08:58 PM
What it takes, depends on the pool type.

=> Liner pool: remove liner, fill deep end, compacting as you go, get new liner and install.
=> Concrete pool: hire an EXPERIENCED concrete pool builder -- get a price from them. (They probably will NOT want to do this during their busy season!)
=> Fiberglass pool: start over with new pool.

Shredhead
06-07-2013, 03:03 PM
2nd learning to swim.

During the winter I swim at the local park district. This last winter there was an older eastern European gentleman taking lessons. It took him a while, but he got it.

CarlD
06-07-2013, 03:05 PM
Boy, I can't remember not being able to swim.....As you get older memory is the second thing to go.....