PDA

View Full Version : Slightly Cloudy

Rmadara
05-30-2006, 03:42 PM
First of all I would like to thank everyone who has posted in this site. It has been most helpfull.

I'm finally getting my pool in line. Everything looks pretty good. The water is still a little cloudy (it drives me crazy). I can see the deep end (8') fine but it is defitely a little cloudy. I'm not sure what I can do. I still am having a problem keeping chlorine in it.

My readings

FC = 0
CYA = 30-50
PH = 7.5
ALk = 180

I have read about FC, CC, TC, and not sure what the difference is. Or sometimes I see Shock FC, is this simply the reading (FC) after I shock it? Is shocking and maintaining chlorine just a matter of how much chlorine to put in the pool. How much bleach do I use? It seems like I'm putting so much of it in.

16' x 32' 18,000 gal, vinyl

Thanks all
Rick

Simmons99
05-30-2006, 03:59 PM
FC is "free chlorine" - which is what kills, CC is "combine chlorine" or chlorine that is used up (causes chlorine smell and burns eyes) and TC is "total chlorine" or just FC + CC.

You want your FC at 3-6ppm and your CC under .5. When your CC is above .5 - that is when you need to shock it.

What are you testing your Chlorine with? If you are over a certain amount some tests actually bleach out and it shows no chlorine. The experts here can explain which ones are the best (I believe the DPD-FAS).