PDA

View Full Version : Above Ground Solar Blanket Reel

dgibb23
05-31-2013, 09:42 AM
Hi guys new to the forum here. I recently put up a 21 foot round above ground pool. I also purchased a solar blanket to help in getting the water warmer quicker. I found it a pain in the you know what to manually take the cover off manually, so my next purchase was a reel for the blanket. I was really surprised at the price for anything over 18'. So I talked to my pool company and they said I could just fold the edges of the blanket and roll it up. So I assume then I would need to mount it to the one side of the pool rail instead of the middle. I just want other people's opinion will that work? Is that a good idea? Anyone else do this?

Thank you

Watermom
06-02-2013, 05:54 PM
There are a couple of threads in the equipment section of the forum about dealing with solar blankets. Until your registration is completed, you'll have to log out first to be able to see the rest of the forum. You can use the search feature in any of mine, Ben's or Aylad's posts to do a search. (Don't use the search feature that is part of the forum's software. It isn't as good as the other one.)

If you don't find any of those threads, let me know and I'll help you locate them.

Welcome to the Pool Forum!

dgibb23
06-03-2013, 08:07 AM
Thank you for getting back to me, I am still unable to search on your threads it may be me. So if you could point me in the right direction or send me to a few links that would be great. Any idea on how long before my registration is complete or if there is something else I need to fill out?

Watermom
06-03-2013, 10:07 AM
Members in this getting started section can't follow any hot links that I post here. So, log out and go to the Pool Equipment and Operations section of the forum. I made the thread called "Above Ground Pool Solar Cover Reel" a stickied thread at the top of that section so you could find it. Let me know if you find it and if it helps any.

As to how long registration will take, can't say. We are swamped right now with new registrations and working as quickly as possible to get them all processed.