PDA

View Full Version : Hayward Aquabug Automatic Above Ground Pool Cleaner

MaxxFusion
05-30-2006, 11:43 AM
I am looking to get a auto vacuum and researching the different ones out there. Any one have any experiences with this one?

Thanks,

wer3angels
05-31-2006, 08:56 PM
We had one of these for the 3 years we owned our above ground pool and it did an excellent job. It was the best $100 I spent.

Karen_in_TN
05-31-2006, 09:19 PM
We have the Diver Dave version and friends have the bug. We've both been happy with them. It takes about 1 1/2 hours on our 18ft pool.

gonefishin
05-31-2006, 10:41 PM
Hi there :)

How flat is your bottom? Is it free of any dimples, dips or wrinkles?

thanks,
dan

MaxxFusion
06-01-2006, 10:19 AM
Its not 100% flat. I do have some dimples but no wrinkles.

tphaggerty
06-01-2006, 12:42 PM
Namco has the Bug on sale for 99 right now, noticed last night when I was in buying toys.

MaxxFusion
06-01-2006, 01:00 PM
Namco has the Bug on sale for 99 right now, noticed last night when I was in buying toys.

Got a link or is this your local pool store?

prh129
06-01-2006, 01:27 PM
www.namcopool.com

I got the Aquabug last month and have been using it in my 24' AG pool. I have been happy with it. One thing I do notice is that the throat isn't very big so if you get big leaves on the bottom of the pool I don't know how well it will do with those. This might not be a problem until the fall.

Peter

ShelleyAnn
06-01-2006, 01:46 PM
Ours continually wants to go as far away from the skimmer as possible and stay there. I figure it's because it gets pushed by the water coming out of the return jet. If I watch it, it has very little ability to go "up stream". It hasn't been an issue though because I'm home and I pull it to the far side of the pool every now and then and it works it's way back over to it's favorite spot in about an hour's time. I wouldn't leave it to run by itself for long periods. It also doesn't have enough gumption to move around when the solar cover is on. Not enough umpf to drag the hose along the bottom of the cover. I know of some that have much more power to do that, but they also take much more $$.

Shelley

wer3angels
06-01-2006, 10:24 PM
I had never had any trouble with our Aquabug NOT doing a particular area of the pool. I would plug it in first thing in the AM and just let it run until we got in. Our AG pool had wrinkles and dimples and still did an excellent job. Just wish it would have worked for our IG pool.

Barb :D

daisy11
06-02-2006, 11:27 PM
We've used the aquabug for 4 years in our 24' AG pool. It works great, but the concern about leaves is well founded....if you have a lot of leaves, vac them by hand.

We found the same problem with the bug not seeming to have enough "umph" sometimes. You need to get ALL of the air out of the bug and the hose, and be sure that the hose sections are firmly put together. Make sure your return is not pointing down toward the bottom of the pool.

You will love it, it's well worth the $100!:)

stefno
06-06-2006, 09:14 AM
My first post here, so let's start saying hello to everybody!

I have an AG frame pool like this on order, it's 13x25 feet.

http://www.piscinelaghetto.com/img/Fuoriterra/NewCountry/Foto.jpg

Do you think that Aquabug will work good with it?

MaxxFusion
06-06-2006, 05:38 PM
Just like to say thanks for all the input. I ordered Diver Dave from ebay. I cant wait to try it out. I should have it by the weekend and will throw it in the pool for a while.

FlashRedGLS1.8T
06-06-2006, 06:05 PM
I gave the kids the choice here and they picked out the Aquabug (ladybug) cleaner.

stefno
06-12-2006, 08:35 AM
My first post here, so let's start saying hello to everybody!

I have an AG frame pool like this on order, it's 13x25 feet.

http://www.piscinelaghetto.com/img/Fuoriterra/NewCountry/Foto.jpg

Do you think that Aquabug will work good with it?

Do you think that Aquabug will work good with it? Any idea?

MaxxFusion
06-12-2006, 08:41 AM
I wouldnt see any reason why it wouldnt work.