PDA

View Full Version : Marquis Resurface Stain

rlp
03-29-2006, 01:23 PM
I posted this in the "Stains" section, but no responses. I'm hoping that some of you guys do resurfacing & might be able to help out.

Anyway, we recently resurfaced our pool with the Marquis finish & upgraded to a bright blue color, but there are a couple of white stains on the surface of the pool. One is quite large & with the others you can almost see the outline of some footprints the contractors left on the bottom.

Any idea what this is or how we can gently remove them?

GutierrezPlastering
04-01-2006, 07:05 PM
I posted this in the "Stains" section, but no responses. I'm hoping that some of you guys do resurfacing & might be able to help out.

Anyway, we recently resurfaced our pool with the Marquis finish & upgraded to a bright blue color, but there are a couple of white stains on the surface of the pool. One is quite large & with the others you can almost see the outline of some footprints the contractors left on the bottom.

Any idea what this is or how we can gently remove them?

1.The sponges that they used when giving the plaster the finish weren't properely squeezed of left plaster from a prior job, and is what is coming up in your plaster 2.Possible that the mixing/mixer didn't allow for the material to mix properly 3. possibly if there was calcium or an additive added to the mix its what is being exposed now. The best possibly way of going about this is maybe waiting till the season ends draining it and going with a very LIGHT ACID WASH figure go 75/100 just to test the area and scrub with a acid brush. Hope this helps