PDA

View Full Version : aquabot power supply not working

edarling
05-29-2006, 11:46 PM
I posted this in the wrong thread, so here it is again for anyone who's had this problem!

I moved my power supply for my aquabot turbo, and firmly unpluged the connection from the blue line from the unit into the power supply. Unfortunately, I pulled out the black plug inlet in the power supply, and I see a hanging white wire. I assume it is a ground and goes to the middle connection on the back of the plug inlet, and I attached it. The unit still does not go on. When I plug in the power supply, and power it up, I can feel it vibrate, so it is doing something, but the timer light does not come on at all. This thing will cost about $200 to replace, so any suggestions are appreciated!

I checked the other two connections to the plug inlet (black and green wire), and they are firmly connected. The unit never seemed to work as it was supposed to, but flipping the power on/off, resetting the timer a few times, etc. would make it start. I just can't get it to work at all now.

- betty

hzz
05-30-2006, 04:41 PM
I had the black socket crack on my unit recently, and there was no way to get the plug in to it.

Here is what I did to repair it-

Open up the unit by drilling through the 4 rivets on the sides
You will then see the wires that are attached to the socket.
To test to see if the problem is a bad connection at the socket, manually place the ends of the 2 wires into the aquabot's plug. Turn the power on, and see if the aquabot moves.
If it does, you will need to buy a new socket...I paid $9.00 online plus shipping.
Install the new socket,rivet the cover back on, and you're in business.
Hope I have made it clear, if not let me know.
Good luck

edarling
06-02-2006, 09:53 PM
Sorry for the late reply, but one question...

Did the socket have three wires to it - black, green, and a thicker white one? If so, I'll try your method of repair. If not, I pulled the white wire out of something else, so I may be in trouble.

Lots of thunder storms over the past few days, so I would really rather get the aquabot moving the stuff off the bottom than using the manual vacuum. I hate that thing, but agree with a poster I read long ago who said she can vacuum the pool for an hour each week and enjoy it, but can not vacuum her living room in five minutes with any enjoyment :)

- betty

hzz
06-02-2006, 11:33 PM
Socket only had 2 wires...I think they were black and green.

If you did disconnect another wire once you open it you will be able to see where it comes from.

Possibly your model is slightly different than mine and the white is a ground.
It should become obvious when you open it.

Good luck

edarling
06-03-2006, 02:59 PM
Thanks. The white wire actually goes to the same as the green. When connected together the thing works again. Yeah! I love saving $150 with 10 cents of electrical tape!

- betty