PDA

View Full Version : Waste setting not working

smoovie
05-22-2013, 10:55 AM
I was going to vacuum to waste this morning, I've been dealing with algae. I have never used that setting before and when I turned it to waste and turned the pump on nothing happend> Any suggestions???

waste
05-22-2013, 01:48 PM
Hi smoovie!

Your question is a little vague - what were you expecting that didn't happen?

When you use the 'waste' setting, you bypass the filter and dump water from the pool out the backwash line. As such, you need to have the line open (a lot of pools have valves on the backwash line, if it isn't open when you try to 'waste' the water there will be no suction and you'll harm the motor).

Do you have a vacuum port or go through the skimmer?

Tell us more about your pool, what you're doing and what you expect and we'll help you clean it up as quickly and inexpensively as possible.:)

smoovie
05-23-2013, 10:44 AM
Thanks for getting back to me!

When i vacuum the normal way through the 'flter'setting the pump is on, and I turn the valve to get more suction through the skimmer, answer to going through skimmer question. So even though I'm using the 'waste' setting shouldn't the pump be running? I turned the multi port to waste and turned on the pump again and nothing happened, it didn't come on. Obviously wouldn't I need power from the pump for the vacuum to work? As far as a valve for the backwash line...not sure, all I know is when I backwash it always comes out my backwash PVC pipe. Hopefully I answered your questions. I moved into my father's house after he passed away and I'm learning as I go. He had an ionizer hooked up but I disconnected that because I was always having problems with high copper levels and no sales people with that company around to help with that.

waste
05-23-2013, 09:18 PM
The multiport valve has absolutely nothing to do with the power to your pump.

I don't know if the circuit breaker tripped when you went to turn the pump back on, but the position of the multiport doesn't effect the electricity to the motor.

If this keeps giving you problems, let me know and we'll work together to narrow down the issue.

smoovie
05-24-2013, 07:59 AM
I know the multiiport valve has nothing to do with the power, I was just trying to explain that when I had it at the waste setting, when I went to turn on the pump it didn't come back on. The breaker didn't trip because after that happened I put it back on filter setting and turned on the pump and it came on. Not sure what's happening, but I will be grateful for all aid!

smoovie
05-25-2013, 09:07 AM
Still waiting for some answers to this problem.

waste
05-25-2013, 10:23 PM
Sorry for the delay but, I'm stumped.

Have you tried the waste setting again with the same result?