PDA

View Full Version : Help with skimmer replacement on lopsided pool.

5dogs7cats
05-21-2013, 11:00 AM
Hello, I had my 24' round above ground pool installed last year. I was not here when it was installed and it is an absolute disaster. The ground is not level, there is about a 5 - 6 inch difference from one side of the pool to the other. Part of the frame is folded under the liner and they hooked up the pool from as the filter, the filter was left in the garage.

Here is the biggest problem. I cannot keep the pump and skimmer running because they are located on the high side of the pool. So to get the water up to the skimmer, it drains over the low end of the pool. I got so tired of it last year I finally gave up trying to keep water in it. We have now drained the pool, literally $900.00 worth of water down the drain, (pun intended).

The best solution, I know, is to take it down and have it reinstalled, however I do not have the money to do that this year.

What I want to do is close off the skimmer and install a new one low enough to be level with the low side of the pool. Is that possible?

I am thinking that I would install it right beside, but lower than the existing skimmer, so we would not have to move any of the other equipment like the pump, pool frog. and intake where the water goes back in.

Is this a viable solution? If so, is there a cover for a skimmer, so I don't have to purchase a second skimmer?

Is there any way that we can jack up the low side of the pool to put blocks under the legs/posts to even it out any?

BigDave
05-21-2013, 03:47 PM
Is there no warrranty on the pool installation? 5" out of level is out of spec for any above ground pool. Make the company that installed it wrong come do it right. If you can't, and you can't hire it done, then you'll need a tiller, shovels and some strong backs. There's no way to cheat gravity on an AGP installation.

Sorry, good luck.