PDA

View Full Version : pebbly surface and granite vs plaster and tile?

johninmartinez
05-13-2013, 10:55 AM
Planning to resurface our in-ground pool, and I have a couple of product questions. Hoping someone has some experience to offer on this.

1) Does anyone know if the pebbly surface material (as opposed to smooth plaster) is comfortable to sit on (we have a spa connected to the pool)? We like the look of the pebbly stuff but not sure how comfortable it is to sit on for a long time.

2) Our contractor gave us a bid on new tile, and also on granite instead of tile (a few hundred bucks more). He says the granite pieces (it's actually granite tile instead of porcelain tile) are closer together, less grout, and therefore it should hold up longer (something about chemicals interacting with grout). Anyone had granite installed in a pool instead of tile? Thanks in advance.

Shredhead
05-17-2013, 04:48 PM
I had my pool replastered last year with Pebble Sheen. It's fine to sit on. I bet if my kids were still little, that it would wear the skin out on there toes from running on it.

I also had new tile put in. Less grout would be good, but my grout problem seems to be between the tile and the coping, not between tiles.

johninmartinez
05-18-2013, 11:43 AM
Thanks for the info. I will look into Pebble Sheen. Glad to hear it's not rough to sit on.