PDA

View Full Version : position of pool valve( with photos)?

vinouspleasure
05-12-2013, 06:17 PM
Hi,

Here's a picture of our filter:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxIEFGNFogtWOHIxLVYwT0ZNTTA/edit?usp=sharing

we had a new pool company open our pool this year when they left, the valve I've circled in black was rotated 90 degrees to the closed position. when I got home, water was running out of the waste valve from the pool.

I rotated the valve 90 degrees to the position show in the photo. Now water is not flowing out of the waste valve. however, water sprays out of the eye of the filter (the clear, plastic bulb where you can make sure DE is out of your filter).

for the life of me, I can't recall the correct position for the valve. I recall when I have to clean the filter, I rotate the valve 90 degrees and once I'm done, I rotate it back but I don't remember the starting position. So, two possibilities:

- I've got it in the correct position now, how do I keep water from spraying out of the eye?
- I've got it in the wrong position, why is water flowing out of the pool?

tia,

CarlD
05-12-2013, 11:16 PM
It's closed. Is the multivalve still set to backwash?

vinouspleasure
05-12-2013, 11:52 PM
No, multi valve is not set to backwash. Its in the filter position. Should the valve be opened or closed? Thanks...

vinouspleasure
05-13-2013, 09:20 PM
figured it out. re-installed the eye, position of valve should be closed

waste
05-13-2013, 09:50 PM
HI!

Happy spring and the start of a new pool season :)

The valve on your 'waste' line is a 'cheat' :(

It's used when the spider gasket in the multiport is bad and keeps you from inadvertently draining the pool when running it in filter mode. The proper fix is to replace the spider (or wagon wheel) gasket in the multiport ( part # SP 715 - D). Replacing the gasket will keep the water from being sent to the wrong parts of the system.

If you need any help or more info, just let me know.