PDA

View Full Version : Cyanuric Acid Chlorine Conditioner

JohnASmith
05-09-2013, 06:39 PM
The granulated Cyanuric Acid Chlorine Conditioner I have been using takes forever to dissolve. The last time I cleaned my filter I found a pile of it on the bottom completely undisolved. I have tried putting it in a bucket of hot water but even that doesn't seem to work. My question, Leslie Pools has a liquid Cyanuric Acid Chlorine Conditioner, is that a suitable substitute? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

chem geek
05-09-2013, 09:49 PM
You would usually just put it in a sock or stocking and hang it over a return flow. Or you can put it into a T-shirt in the skimmer if your skimmer has a bypass pipe so that clogging it doesn't cause any problems. Most people do the former sock method; I've done the T-shirt in skimmer method and it all dissolves within 24 hours, often within 12 (with the pump running the entire time). The Instant Pool Water Conditioner you are talking about does dissolve faster, but it's about twice as expensive per CYA ppm.

CarlD
05-10-2013, 09:14 AM
In other words, if you're willing to pay the premium for liquid CYA, it does work and does disperse faster than dry CYA.

JohnASmith
05-14-2013, 08:21 PM
Great suggestion I will try a sock, thanks.