PDA

View Full Version : Help with BRAND NEW Pool

toofast
05-03-2013, 10:07 AM
So long story, but my In Ground Fiberglass pool was unable to be completed due to the Super Storm last fall...however they did get it in and water in it, no filter, no cover, etc. for the winter. (Live in Ohio).

No problems...water was crystal clear all winter as expected, now that we have spring it is starting to cloud up. My test kit (2006C) is on its way, but amazon says it is still two weeks out.

My pool guy won't be finishing up the plumping/filter, etc. for another 2-3 weeks. This weekend is going to be in low 70's and stay there for a few weeks.

I know I really need to test to do the right thing, but before all heck breaks loose, what would be the best course of action.

I was thinking a few bottles of "chlorox" would help for sure. Oh my pool is about 15,000.

Also I have little or no debris as well.

Any help is appreciated....

sunlove
05-27-2013, 09:06 PM
Yes get some bleach in there to keep algae at bay... you can add it and use something to kind of mix it up. An oar or whatever you have handy... Realize this post is a few weeks old so hopefully you have your kit and filter now :)

toofast
05-28-2013, 08:59 AM
Cool, that is what I've been doing...lots of manual brushing gets old. Oh, and still waiting for the pumps, dang pool builders.