PDA

View Full Version : Pool Paint Color

gogolion
03-29-2013, 01:47 PM
I'm planning on having my pool repainted this season and my pool guy says most modern pools are white. We had been thinking blue. Our current color is a very light blue and we like it. I've asked 3 friends with pools and they all have blue. We all seem to agree that white will show every spec of dirt and will always look dirty while blue will make the water look, well, blue. I did a search here and was able to find one thread where someone asked a similar question and 2 responders both said white was better. So now I'm torn. I'm hoping I can get some more opinions. Please respond if you have one!

PoolDoc
03-29-2013, 02:02 PM
Pool water that is clear and clean, will look very blue in swimming pools that are clean white.

Compared to WHITE pool walls, blue colored walls and floor will
+ make the pool water look darker;
+ increase pool water temperature measurably;
+ possibly make the pool water look bluer when the water is hazy.

I once painted a Girl Scout camp pool (200,000+ gallons) with Kelley's Zeron epoxy in "Viking Blue" (very dark blue) and got a 6 - 8 degree increase in temperature. In Chicago, that might be nice -- in Miami it would be terrible. On the downside, the water looked dark, and the paint would chalk off onto swimmer's feet, early in the pool season.

vinper
04-23-2013, 12:23 PM
my grey plaster is lite blue when you add water

vinper
04-23-2013, 12:23 PM
go look at plaster website for water colors