PDA

View Full Version : Water leaking out of closed equipment

wishIcould
01-11-2013, 12:25 AM
I posted I thought yesterday and can't find the post so please ignore if there are 2.

Poolco closed my pool.

After it was extremely cold and it had rained the day before we hear water by our pool equipment (note the equipment is far from house, only heard it because we were back by the shed so we don't know if this happened before this). We saw the area flooded with water. Water was running out of the SWCG plug and the 2nd pump plug area. I noted at this time that the pressure side was completely off but the return filter area pipes were open.

The pool was not full with water.

The water flowed out for over an hour that we know of.

Poolco was called and sent a guy out. They saw the frozen water from the plug areas but had no clue where it had come from. I came home after they supposedly looked under the cover and looked at the plugs and claimed they were all fine. There was no more water running. The only thing I saw that he did was shut the return side of the pipes.......

They then proceeded to charge us saying the pool was closed fine and they did nothing wrong.

I've had a pool in the past and never would an area flood from a closed pool if it was closed and blown correctly. I'm thinking they possibly didn't release water from the filter (note they closed the pool while it got dark out) or they didn't blow the lines and the first freeze caused the water issue?

Any other reason this much water would be coming from the plugs? Could it be normal running for over an hour?

I have pictures to show the water flowing.