PDA

View Full Version : Salt always at the bottom of a salt pool.

PPM Pools
12-15-2012, 05:42 PM
Hello,

I live in Arcadia California and every week I clean this pool it has salt piled up in the spa and in piles at the bottom of the pool. The water is clear as can be and all the water levels are "ideal." Why is this happening?

aserdna
12-16-2012, 11:52 PM
This is probably not salt, Check your PH it is probably too High. salt water pools constatly generating clorine and it tends to bring PH up quikly, and it makes this white chalky stuff. I'm gessing that your return is through your spa to your pool and it accumilates at the bottom of spa. I would also just run the spa and add part of the acid that is needed for spapool combo. (after you get your readings of how much to add to your spapool). After you add the acid in the spa brush it to stir all the white stuff. Within an half hour run your pump to the pool to circulate the pool water also.

aylad
12-17-2012, 05:04 PM
all the water levels are "ideal."

Can you post test results, taken by drop-based testing, for us to look at that will help us give you better advice? "Ideal" can range anywhere from incredibly low to incredibly high, depending on whose version of "ideal" you're depending on, and how you're testing the water :)