PDA

View Full Version : Aerating... Question.

Fueller
05-29-2006, 10:45 AM
I would like to give this a shot. I can't seem to get my pH up over 7.2 at all and my TA is sitting at 200. I have a 16x32 Vynle Lined Inground Pool with a 9ft Deep End. Equipped with a cartrige filter. I have dumped tons (approx 20lbs) of pH plus in to raise it, only to see it down again the next morning.

I tried lowering TA as well. But after 2 gallons of Muratic Acid (Pool store told me it was harsh to a Vynle Lined Pool) and about 30 lbs of pH down "Pooled" still hasn'e given me any significant results.

I have searched several sites trying to figure out if I should adjust TA before ph or vice versa. Seems logical to get TA in line first, but who am I to question the scientisits at my local pool store.

I only have one outlet (Eye-Ball, whatever you call it) for the pool... How does anyone aerate with a setup like this?:o

aylad
05-29-2006, 12:54 PM
Part of the problem is in your method...here's the link to the method that works....http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php?t=191

To aerate your pool, aim your return toward the surface of the water so that it creates ripples. You can buy a cheapie fountain and use that to aerate, or you can put a bunch of kids in the pool to play and splash around, which actually seems to work best! ;)

Janet

gonefishin
05-29-2006, 02:50 PM
Hi Fueller,

Being a new pool owner mysefl...I was thankful to find this site and REAL solutions to the chemistry problems we may be having with our water.

I recently used the method, linked to above by aylad. My TA was succesfully lowered to 130 from 290. PH is currently 7.3.

good luck!
dan

Fueller
05-29-2006, 08:04 PM
Thanks... I was looking at a Fountain today, but wasn't sure if that was the answer or not. I did point the return toward the surface, but I am getting minor ripples across the water. My main concern is my heater. The Pool store has me pretty much scared to death that if I drop my pH it will destroy it in no time.

Had a pool party today, hope that helped...:)