PDA

View Full Version : Pool Pilot Problems

320Driver
05-29-2006, 09:37 AM
Hello everyone;

New to the pool business (just got a brand new pool), we decided to go with the Pool Pilot. After a rather long wait for the builder to install the unit, we finally got the DIG-220 and SC-36 last week. The builder said we had to wait a minimun of 30 days before installing it because the finish had to cure first. Alright then... I come back from work one day and there it is! But, the "Check/Clean Cell" is on the display and the red light flashes about two thirds of the time it operates. We run the pump around 8 hours a day.

Since my pool builder whom I'll call "Big Bird's Eye" is absolutely no help, I resorted to discussing the matter with some of the locals, someone suggested I test the salt level and compare it to the unit reading. And it was off bid a lot, the strip showed about 3600ppm. So I went into the Maintenance menu and matched the level with the strip test. The light desappeared but only temporarely.

I run the Pool Pilot at 50%, my pool temp is around 82F. So if any of you has a comment or suggestion please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

320Driver

320Driver
05-29-2006, 09:43 AM
Sorry, the site told me that the thread didn't go through the first time.

PatL34
05-29-2006, 09:50 AM
The check/clean cell light could also be low flow. What are you doing that might restrict flow?

Examples could be vacuuming and using solar panels if you have them at the same time. The filter needs to be backwashed more frequently, especially when curing the plaster. A possible restriction in the suction line to the pump.

Any of these factors could affect the flow.

I would also get a good salt test kit. The one from Taylor (#K1766) will help to set up your salt concentration. Some of us use salt meters at 4 - times the price, but I don't like them. It's your call.

320Driver
05-29-2006, 10:11 AM
Thanks for the reply Pat. The flow? I believe it's good. The filter, skimmers, are all real clean. I have a pool heater that gives me a low flow warning if necessary. I'll get a better salt test kit.

320Driver