PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Sandy Damage - Need Advice!!!

hamroy
10-31-2012, 05:08 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thanks in advance for any help or advice. Long story short, the hurricane blew my cover off and I ended up with alot of debris in the pool, mostly leaves. I'm thinking of just skimming as much out as I can and recover, but am I leaving myself open to more problems when I open next year? It's a 24 foot round above ground pool.

I guess my other option is to hook up the filter again and run for a few days as well as skim everything out and recover. Do I need to put more chemicals in if I do this?

Thanks,

Kevin

aylad
10-31-2012, 11:50 PM
I would probably just scoop out as much as you can, bring it back up to shock level, cover it, and plan on opening as early as possible so you can minimize any further mess. Glad you have the electricity to post, and hope you didn't sustain any major damage beyond leaves in the pool!

Welcome to the forum.....sorry it's under these circumstances.

Watermom
11-01-2012, 04:12 PM
I agree with Janet said. You should be able to get most of the leaves out and the little organic matter you can't scoop out should not be a big problem for you. Like she said, just add bleach and use something to stir it around ----- an old broom, oar or submersible pump --- anything you can do to move the water around and disperse the bleach. You should be ok. And, if you have any issues upon opening, we'll be here in the spring to help!

hamroy
11-02-2012, 06:11 PM
Thanks for the advice! I'll be at it tomorrow and am confident I'll be set for a good opening in the spring. Very lucky not to have damage and just clean up work.

aylad
11-05-2012, 03:42 PM
Glad y'all survived it okay.... :)