PDA

View Full Version : preliminary pool wall looks crooked--no footings yet--is this bad?

poolgal13
10-15-2012, 06:44 PM
We are just beginning to have an inground pool installed. It is a Pacific pool with the gray plastic-looking walls with black braces behind it. I think this is the stage where they will pour "footings" according to the PB. They are doing that tomorrow. I looked at the outline of the connected panels tonight, and one of the walls is leaning backwards. A slight deviation I could see, but this is leaning backwards a lot. Once they pour the footings is that wall going to be in that position permanently or is this just an approximate location for the walls?

aylad
10-15-2012, 09:39 PM
I wish that I could help, and that forum traffic wasn't so slow this time of year, and that we had more construction folks around the forum! Unfortunately, all 3 things are true, so I'm not sure you're going to get any useful advice before tomorrow. The best thing I can tell you is to bring it up with your builder, have him put his promises/guarantees in writing, and don't pay him in full until you know the job was done right. Just in case, you might want to document the dates/times of questions you asked, as well as his answers, just in case you need to pursue it later.