PDA

View Full Version : Timer for pool pump - any recommendations ?

Rsam5
10-09-2012, 07:55 AM
Hello all, I'm new to the forum. I'm in the process of installing my new above ground pool. I'm trying to purchase a timer for my pool pump outlet (120v twist lock). I've read so many reviews of the big names (Intermatic, G/E, Tork) with many mixed results. Can any one give me so good recommendations? thanks for the help.

aylad
10-09-2012, 01:47 PM
Hi, Rsam,

The traffic on the forum is very, very slow right now--most folks that are going to close pools either have already done so or are in the process, and once their pools are closed they tend not to log in very often, so it may take quite awhile to get any good responses to your question.

In the meantime, though, you can log out, go to the main forum page, and open any post made by me, Watermom or Pooldoc, and click the google search link in the sigs--that will allow you to search the whole forum and archives to see if you can find other recommendations that way...

Welcome to the forum!

CarlD
10-09-2012, 10:38 PM
You may want to check your local codes. Here in NJ, in my town, the timer needs to be internal and wired in. I had to have an electrician put it in, near my breaker panel. On the plus side, it always works and I never have to worry how it will weather.