PDA

View Full Version : zero salt error on Auto Pilot Soft Touch

Fish All
10-08-2012, 09:00 AM
Hello Everybody,
I'm a total newbe posting but have gotten much good info from reading here.
Hoping somebody can help me with a Auto Pilot Soft Touch unit I have had for about 4 years, flow sensor cable recently started acting up so I replaced the tri-sensor

and the cable(new sensor came with cable), then it was giving a cell error so I replaced the SC-48 cell AND the cable(cable connector looked in bad

shaped, like overheated)
Never got it to work, now it gives me a "low salt" light, and the test mode does not light up any of the salt lights at all(like reading is zero), rest of test results

seem OK: cell voltage = 22v, current 5.2A, temp 84.
Auto Pilot center told me the salt reading takes place in the Display Board, I looked at it and could not see anything obvious on it, but it is very expensive to

replace about same as buying a whole new unit.
I'm pretty good troubleshooting with some guidance(already replaced some bloated caps on main board) , as I shure don't want to chuck this whole unit at 4

yrs.
Perhaps someone can give me some guidance here, thank you
Oscar

aylad
10-08-2012, 03:29 PM
Hi, "Fish", and welcome to the forum!!

The one person from this forum that I think can answer this for you happens to be a sales manager from Autopilot, and he does quite a bit of support on this forum for AutoPilot products. I will shoot him an email and ask him to pop in here to see if he can help with your question. It might take a day or so for him to check in, so don't give up--you're looking for a post from a user called Poolsean.

When new posters post to this forum, the posts to into a moderator queue to be approved before they actually make it to the forum--it's one of the steps that Ben put into place to help keep some of the spammers out of the forum. It doesn't become visible to you until it's been approved, which is why you didn't see either post. I have deleted your other duplicate, so that you won't start getting responses in two places, and to help keep this place as organized as possible.

Welcome to the forum!