PDA

View Full Version : Endless pool or shot create ?

Jay bird
10-04-2012, 09:28 AM
My main concern is excersice thus looking for a 8 by 16, 3 to 5 feet deep with a swim unit. My question is this:

1) do I purchase an endless pool with their fast lane built in. I live in ATL and will want to swim year round in an outdoor pool.

2) build a gunite or shotcret pool l with a fast lane or other swim unit.

I am trying to weigh the cost not only to build but to heat and maintain.
I am willing o do whatever necessary to save money.
This is for medical reasons only, can a pool be written off your taxes?

Regards

Jay

aylad
10-08-2012, 08:48 PM
Hi Jaybird,

Sorry you haven't gotten any responses so far--I think part of the problem is that forum traffic has slowed way down because most folks have closed their pools by now, so they don't log in as often as they do during swim season. I think another part of the problem is simply that the answer to your question is going to depend on what you want, and there are very few folks around here who will hazard any suggestions as to construction questions. You might try logging out, going to the main forum page, and then using the google search feature linked in the sig of any post made by me, Watermom, or Pooldoc. This feature will allow you to search the whole forum and archives, and maybe you'll find some info there that will help you make a decision.

CarlD
10-09-2012, 10:43 PM
Even in Atlanta the winters are cool enough that you'll need to heat the pool and that can get expensive for an outdoor pool. Have you looked into a dome over it to hold in heat? I spent about 3 weeks in Buckhead in August and while it got hot, it wasn't really any hotter than NJ in summer. But while you don't get the snow we do, if you're in the 40's and 50's your heat loss will be prohibitive for year 'round swimming. Aylad and PoolDoc are kinda in your area. Jan is in NW Louisiana and Ben is on the Tenn/Ga border, so they know the winter climate conditions better.