PDA

View Full Version : Pool project

Smokey
10-02-2012, 05:43 AM
I'm currently putting in a pool ... Vinyl, UV system, coverstar auto cover etc... Due to delays it looks like it won't be finished until next year since the weather is getting colder here in Montana:(

Im new to the pool world and unsure if there are any new tech/ advances I should be aware of for 2013....im interested because dont know if i should get all of my equipment now or if it would benefit to wait... I guess i dont want to be saying something like "if i would have known they were coming out with that improvement the next year it would been a better investment!" Anyone Know of any major advances for next year or upcoming years?

Thanks!

aylad
10-02-2012, 12:04 PM
Hi Smokey, and welcome to the forum!

I'm not one who would be up on any new technology for next year, but I did want to caution you to do some reading around this forum regarding UV systems before you commit to one. Ben, the forum owner, will eventually upgrade your registration so that you don't have to log out to do so, but for now, if you'll log out, go to the main forum page, and look at any post made by Ben, Watermom, or me, you'll see a google search button in our sigs. If you'll use that google search feature, it will give you access to basically the whole forum and archives. Read up on the UV systems--I just want to make sure that you understand that you'll still need chlorine in the pool to keep it sanitary--in fact, you'll have to keep the same chlorine level with or without the UV system, so you could save some money there if you just left it off. Anyway, do some researching around the forum, and see what you think.

Again, welcome to the group!