PDA

View Full Version : What Do I do!! HELP!!

timmie
05-28-2006, 05:30 PM
Hi, I had green algae in my pool, and put about 30 gallons/litres of chlorine in from the pool store. I was then told to add two different things....one is Formula 500 algaeside...I put this in the pool yesterday afternoon......I now have a bluish pool, and I cant see the bottom. I have turned off the pump to settle the algae to the bottom of my pool. How long do I do this for?? DO I really need to do this?? I also want to know if there is another option to turning my pump to waste, as I dont understand this at all. Do I connect the hose to the connection before turning it to waste? Does that even work? Will there be suction??
Any suggestions instead of using chemicals for my pool? I have a 17x33 foot, 70 , 0000 litre pool.Does this seem right? The litres/gallons of my pool? I have read about clorox, and baking soda...........thanks everyone...........

pairadocs
05-29-2006, 07:28 PM
get your water tested, then post your numbers, then more help will follow. talk to you soon, soon as we see the numbers.

your predicament sounds alot like mine did a few weeks ago. the answers are all in the numbers and this forum.

pool store will only slow the process and cost you tons more

timmie
05-29-2006, 07:57 PM
Hi, My water tested and results are as follows......

total chlorine 34.0 ppm

ph 7.2

hardness 150
alkalinity 200

cynaruic acid 15

My pool is still cloudy and I TRIED to vacumn to waste but my hose kept coming out of the suction thing in the skimmer. I cleaned some of my pool, as I cant see the bottom and I did it to filter then backwashed it. I left my pump off, again, to settle the algae? to the bottom of my pool. I had put in 80 litres of chlorine sat then formula 500 algaeside and then ph stuff < dont know what the name is anymore. My pool is cold as my heater doesnt work, but I do not have my solar cove on.
I bought a two way water test today and will test my water in the morning, along with bringing a sample to the pool store. I cannot get borax here, but we have regualr javex, which is the same.

What can I do now to get my pool working??

timmie
05-29-2006, 08:27 PM
thanks in advance for all the help

Area Man
05-29-2006, 09:37 PM
Timmie,

I'm still learning (every day!) but I'd keep the filter running and not worry too much about vacuuming until the filter clears the water up somewhat. If you're able to find manufacturer and model information on your equipment, please include it because someone here is probably familiar with how it operates and can suggest how to get the vacuum working right. In answer to your question about volume, yes, 70K litres sounds about right for a 17x33 ft pool.

You mentioned Javex - I believe it is bleach (chlorine), rather than borax. It sounds like you have plenty of chlorine already. :-)

Rick

timmie
05-29-2006, 09:55 PM
hi Rick,
Do I have to put more chlorine in my pool everyday? I havent put any in since saturday and then that was 60 or 80 litres!!!! I have my filter running and will check in the morning for the pump name etc. I know it is a very old pump.........................

Area Man
05-29-2006, 10:59 PM
hi Rick,
Do I have to put more chlorine in my pool everyday? I havent put any in since saturday and then that was 60 or 80 litres!!!!

You don't necessarily need to add more chlorine every day. Keep testing, and post your results here. As long as you don't have combined chlorine (CC), keeping at least 2 ppm of free chlorine should be sufficient at your CYA level of 15.

Rick

timmie
05-30-2006, 06:26 AM
Thanks Rick............... I will take more water samples tonight when I get home from work. I bought the Taylor kit and this will be my first time using it.
The water is my pool is cloudy, but blue.......left the filter on.......................

pairadocs
05-30-2006, 06:02 PM
You got alota TC - Wow.

What is your FC level

timmie
05-30-2006, 09:00 PM
my FC is also 34. I had been told by the pool store to put 80 litres of chlorine into my pool.......they sold it to me