PDA

View Full Version : First Results PS234 - Please Help!

csevel
05-28-2006, 04:04 PM
My pool is an 18' above ground with a capacity of about 8000 gallons. (54") deep. I tested the water to get an initial reading but it is only half full so far from first filling. (We just finished our install) We will need to hook up our pump...but my problem is that the guy who will be installing the pump and the solar panel can't do it until Tuesday.
Here are my results but what should I do in the meantime to keep the water stable until I can circulate?? I've added one floating 3" puck for some cya and one gallon of 12% bleach last night. I'm pretty sure I need to lower the alkalinity but HOW?? muratic acid? Thanks for any help!:confused:

FC .5
CC 0
TC .5
PH 7.5
ALK 240
Cal 0
CYA 0
Temp - A freezing 60 degreees.

duraleigh
05-28-2006, 05:11 PM
Hi,

If it were my pool I would disregard pH and Alk 'til it's full....those test results are not in any danger zone.

You did (sorta') well to put the Chlorine in there. You shocked it up to about 30ppm, which, is pretty enthusiastic. :) Actually, overly so.:)

Try about 1 small jug of 6% clorox each evening 'til you fill the pool and get ready to get everything in line.

When your pool is full and your circulatory system is up and running, post another set of test results and we'll help you get everything in line.