PDA

View Full Version : Running Time/Intervals for Filter/Pump?

TheKs
09-10-2012, 09:24 PM
Hi,

I know I've read somewhere on the forum that running the pool filter is best done twice per day rather than all at one time. However, if it is not possible to operate it twice a day, is there an optimum time of day to do it? At night? In the morning? In the afternoon? Or doesn't it matter?

Thanks!
Peggy

Bosch232
09-10-2012, 11:08 PM
I read that as well in some literature recently, that two intervals per day are better than one long one. Can you put your pump on an automatic timer? That would be simplest.

mas985
09-11-2012, 10:42 AM
I have operated both once a day and twice a day and I have not seen a difference between the two so I don't think it matters all that much. If FC were to drop to a critical level, mixing the water some might make a difference. For skimming, it can make a bit of a difference since debris drops on the pool all the time but I would not get too concerned if you can run the pump only once per day.

Also, as long as FC levels are appropriate, the time of day should not matter much either but if I had to pick a time, it would probably after sunset. That would be the most logical to mix up the water and even out the FC levels overnight.

TheKs
09-12-2012, 04:49 AM
Thank you for the responses. The timer on our pump can only be configured to turn on/off once per day, so I think I will go with setting it to turn on in the evening. That is what I assumed might be the best option, but having it confirmed by your logic is helpful.

Peggy