PDA

View Full Version : New user - eye ball return question for pool circualtion

geohec
08-31-2012, 02:19 PM
I'm a new AGP owner and I've read on this forum and other places that it is ideal to have the eye ball pointed in a direction the promotes circular circulation. I have an oval 12x24 AGP that has the eyball located in the pool near the straight wall portion of the pool so it essentially point across the 12 wide section of the pool and I feel like I'm not getting any circulation near the far end of the pool. I get a lot more /debris on the far side since the location of the eyeball is not ideal. Is there aright angle adapter or something that I can do to get the circulation going in a circular direction. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

PoolDoc
09-03-2012, 11:12 AM
With many eyeballs, the actual eyeball is retained in place by an outer threaded ring. If this ring is loosened, the eyeball is free to rotate in the socket, and can be re-aligned. Again, with many eyeballs, this re-alignment is sufficient to allow the jet of returning water to be directed at a 45 degree angle from the pool wall. This is usually sufficient to set up a rotary current in the pool.

geohec
09-04-2012, 01:39 AM
Thanks Ben.

I did as you suggested and I do see an improvement in circulation. I had tried to adjust it before but the darn thing was on pretty tight, but I got a jar lid opener and think that it did the trick, but I'll monitor. I saw an adjustable eyeball (in a hayward vacuum video) that stuck out about an inch from the pool wall but it was hard to find on the internet and probably was going to be more than I would be willing to spend. I'm glad to have a simple solution.

Thanks again.

PoolDoc
09-04-2012, 02:14 PM
Glad it worked out.