PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Solution for Unicel filters

RedwingT
08-24-2012, 03:53 PM
I will be storing the dirty filter in the solution until I need to change out filters again, but am concerned about reusing the same solution when algae has been present in my pool.

Question: Should you save the cleaning solution for future use if you have had an algae problem?
Also I am assuming I need to replenish the bleach each time I put a filter into the solution?

SafetyBob
08-31-2012, 05:07 PM
I have simply added more bleach to my buckets, but I would definately change the soaking solution anytime I had algae of any significance. Simply good insurance. And although it's been 3 months now since I started my Unicell testing program and have never changed the cleaning water.....probably wouldn't hurt to change it every other or every third cleaning.......it is starting to get pretty NOT clear anymore!!

That said, my Unicell cartridges ALWAYS give me wonderful cleaning and flow when I change them. It has meant much, much less work on my part this year as I change filters MAYBE every other week. With the standard Intex filters, I was changing at least once a week if not slightly more.

Bob E.