PDA

View Full Version : Find past articles on problems by categories .

pooldummy
08-24-2012, 01:43 AM
Well... like how to neutralize too much yellow be gone in pool, I got no chlorine in the past 10 days...well what did it meant to me?? $24.00 per container per day of shock...5 lbs sooooo $300.00 of shock... then last month....500.00 I understand I am pretty stupid not to ask for help..

I tried to look for books or training DVDs..none found...store recommended I seek someone to take care of my pool I would just mess it up per the sales guy...So I am now seeking help by searching any archived info you may have, thanks in advance for everyones assistance

PoolDoc
08-24-2012, 12:27 PM
I can't find any pool product named "Yellow Be Gone".

pooldummy
08-24-2012, 04:34 PM
I got it from Home Depot, I will take a picture of the container and try to post if you like, I looked at the ingredients and I cannot say it the darn word is so long. I did see something that said I may try to use acetic acid to neutralize it but I wanted to ask the experienced wise ones here first.

Charlie_R
08-24-2012, 06:52 PM
Yellow Gone (http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/QuickViewService?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&R=202676834&catEntryId=202676834) seems to be available in Hawaii only. Not found in any store I searched here on the mainland.

aylad
08-24-2012, 09:34 PM
If you can type the ingredient list from the container, that might help Pooldoc identify it....

waterbear
08-25-2012, 11:28 AM
It is made by Pool Time, which is Chemtura so it is the same company that makes AqauChem, Bioguard, Guardex, Sun, and Omni. (In other words mystery goo). Since it is added to the pool and then you have to shock and shock again in 24 hours and it has a very long name (probably Disodium salt of ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid,
dehydrate, which is the most common ingredient in these products that are not based on sodium bromide but are ammonia based) it sounds like an organic ammonia source to form monochloramine when you shock. IF you are testing for free chlorine you will have none but if you test for total chlorine or combined chlorine it should show.