PDA

View Full Version : Skimmer doesn't work right on Intex pool

PhilH
08-20-2012, 01:03 PM
Hi all,

I'm new here & only had one question. I have a 15' x 42" Intex metal frame pool. I am at the moment using the pump that came with it. The 1000 gph pump & paper filter all in one. I get plenty of water flow with it so far. I also have the Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System on it. I have not had any low flow errors on the unit, so the pump is working fine. Water flow is fine as long as the skimmer is not connected.

When I connect the hose for the skimmer to the water intake on the pool it works fine for a few hours. Then the unit builds up air in the pump & I have to purge the pump at least twice a day. I have the skimmer at least 3 to 4 inches under water so I have no idea where the air is coming from.

When the skimmer is disconnected I can go between filter changes without any air buildup problems at all.

Thanks For Any Help

Phil

P.S. For the moderator I filled out the pool chart & liked this site on facebook..

PoolDoc
08-22-2012, 02:13 PM
Sounds like a suction leak -- hose from pool to pump -- that only shows up when you hook up the skimmer. Check all the piping between the pump and the pool carefully.